Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to go today an purchase a Glock 23 to replace my last one that I had to sell. Unfortunately, the Glock 23 appears to be the biggest selling handgun in my area, because no dealer in my area has any in stock and none know when they are receiving more. I really don't want to wait to get my handgun. Any suggestions on an alternative that would be of equal dependability as the Glock 23?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Take a serious look at the Springfield Armory XD or XDM you Have to shoot one to really get the feel of it and I think you will like what you see!
Regards CTS :)

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
If you have your heart set on a .40 the next closest to the 23 is the 22. However if 9mm is an option then the 19 is the exact same size as the 23.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Shops around me are having a hard time getting their hands on any Glocks. As they sell what they have stocked, they are unable to replace the inventory. I just ordered a Glock 20 because for some reason, I decided I need a 10mm. Its going to be a while before I see it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Re: re: Help!

killerb said:
Shops around me are having a hard time getting their hands on any Glocks. .......
Let's rephrase that and make it ".... a hard time getting any handguns......."

Handguns of nearly any variety, AR and AK style rifles, and all sorts of ammunition and reloading supplies are being bought as fast as they show up. Try and find some once-fired .223 brass as an example.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I finally found a dealer about an hour and a half away from me that had two Glock 23's in stock. By the time I actually got there, there was only one left, so I snatched it up. However, while they were finalizing paperwork, another pistol caught my eye. I asked to look at it, and without ever firing it, I fell in love with this pistol. I still love my Glock, and always will be a "Glock" man, but my next pistol is going to be the one that I looked at yesterday. A Smith and Wesson M&P 45 compact. These pistols are AWESOME. Very comparable in size to the Glock 23, but with the punch of the .45 Smith has really done their due diligence on these pistols. Oh yes, I will own one!!! :D

·
Registered
240 Posts

ArbrnInf said:
Well, I finally found a dealer about an hour and a half away from me that had two Glock 23's in stock. By the time I actually got there, there was only one left, so I snatched it up. However, while they were finalizing paperwork, another pistol caught my eye. I asked to look at it, and without ever firing it, I fell in love with this pistol. I still love my Glock, and always will be a "Glock" man, but my next pistol is going to be the one that I looked at yesterday. A Smith and Wesson M&P 45 compact. These pistols are AWESOME. Very comparable in size to the Glock 23, but with the punch of the .45 Smith has really done their due diligence on these pistols. Oh yes, I will own one!!! :D
Congrats ArbrnInf!
I think you will be truly happy with the S&W M&P. Besides the better cant of the grip you can replace the back strap to fit your hand (it should come with three different sizes). I have a M&P 45 and a M&P 9mm compact, depending on the weather one or the other is my cary pistol. Just wait until you get to shoot it and discover the minimal recoil due to the slide/frame design and the nice grouping, I expect you will be truly impressed. I've not had the chance to shoot the 45 compact model (mine is full a size 4 1/4") so I look farward to hearing what you think of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In the Glock Talk forum, there is a thread on dating your Glock. I bought my 27 in Dec. It had been built in April. Later someone said they had bought their glock 19 in Feb. and the built date is 2-5-09. Another bought a 30 on 2-14 and it was built on 1-28-09. The supply is not keeping up with demand.

·
Registered
159 Posts

shotthetree said:
In the Glock Talk forum, there is a thread on dating your Glock. . .
I know some Glock fans really love their pistols, but that is taking it a little too far don't you think?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts

killerb said:
shotthetree said:
In the Glock Talk forum, there is a thread on dating your Glock. . .
I know some Glock fans really love their pistols, but that is taking it a little too far don't you think?
I dont know, I take mine everywhere. For an afternoon drive, out to dinner, to the movies. Perhaps its a Texas thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts