Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What? I'm the first one here at Pistolworld that owns and loves a Hi Power? first is good... that makes me #1 right? :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
I bought a Hi-Power in .40s&w and I hated to shoot it. You can tweak those trggers real nice but I thought it handled like crap. Felt real comfy though. I sold it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have an old Browning Hi-Power must have been one caught up in the last unpleasantness in Europe has the Nazi proofs with all matching serial numbers. It came along with a holster, German belt and a knuckle buster trench knife bought the whole rig at a yard sale many years ago. Was one of those great days you fall into things right paid $165.00 for the whole deal.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sigman220 said:
Have an old Browning Hi-Power must have been one caught up in the last unpleasantness in Europe has the Nazi proofs with all matching serial numbers. It came along with a holster, German belt and a knuckle buster trench knife bought the whole rig at a yard sale many years ago. Was one of those great days you fall into things right paid $165.00 for the whole deal.

Something tells me that is worth more than $165.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Stealing???? How many sales have you been to??? There wasn't like a whole lot of haggling went on I paid what they had listed as a price??? Trust me I sleep like a baby. And you will never see it on Gunsamerica.com so I guess it went to a good home if your worried about adoption.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 1969 model, the last year of the round hole hammer I believe, that my dad gave me on my 21st birthday almost 15 years ago. I don't shoot it much but truely love the way this gun feels. If they made it in a true double action this is the only semi auto handgun that I would own.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Sigman, it's my duty to inform you that you will have to surrender that pistol and pay a hefty fine for having paid well under fair market value. Email me and I will direct you to the appropriate address to mail it. :twisted:

And I will sleep like a baby, too! :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
i've a blued standard in 9 and a black coated fn in .40. they,re both awesome. removed the mag safeties in both and polished the fire control surfaces. they both break clean w/ about 5# pull. the 9 i shoot a couple x's a year but mostly just pull it out and admire the bluing, workmanship, and inspiration that went into developing such an elegant machine. the .40 i carry. own a couple of springfield 1911,s [big brothers] and after i tweaked them they've become good friends and a joy to shoot. one's a stainless gi church gun [40+ hrs polishing, my own checkered front strap, colt msh, and trigger job] the others my nightstand gun [springfield loaded blue w/ my checkered front strap, novak night sights, colt msh, trigger work]. i sleep well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My BHP is my lead pistol. I have 4 different pistols. The BHP is the only real quality one I have. I bought it used but in good shape. I added some mil surplus 17 round magazines and am happy with it. The other pistol I bought, I'm waiting to pick up in 4 days. Its a Walther P22. I notice the board is set up by manufacturer and Walther is not included.

The other two pistold I own were given to me after a friends uncle died and they cleaned out his closet. One is a FEG Hungarian .380 with aluminum frame. A PA62? The 4th is a fin little mousegun, a Raven 25. Most people hate them. Mine works and is accurate enough out to 20 feet or so which is as far as I've attempted to shoot it.

That's all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello i,am new here. I have a hi power MK. 1* made by Inglis in toronto 1944 i got it cuse my dad worked there 37 yrs. he,s gone now R.I.P. JOE .

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yesterday I treated myself to a nice 66th birthday present... HiPower 9mm with the Anniversary Engraving on the barrel. Unless civilization as we know it crumbles, this sweetie will be a safe queen... oiled regularly but never fired. (I have cheapo Ruger P85's for shooting.)
:D :D :D Happy Birthday to me :!: :D :D :D
Recruit new shooters :)
///olde 8) pharte///

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gentlemen, I now own 3 Hi-Powers and love them all. The BHP is one of the most beautiful pistols ever devised. I carry one daily, one is modified for target use and the third is an early version made and assembled in Belgium. I fully intend to add a fourth to my collection only so I can then add a fifth and so on.Yes, you could say I have an addiction. Glad to hear of others enjoying these fine pistols. As we celebrate Mr. Brownings 1911 this year I am so glad he did not stop there.As great a pistol as that is I feel he did his best on the Hi-Power. Others may disagree, that's O.K., they make pistols for you too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a BHP with proof marks on the receiver, slide, & barrel and manufactured in Belgium. The serial number is 711xx. Is there a place I can find out more on when this was made? It's mint condition.

Thanks Semper Fi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you. Printed the manual and the serial number sheet. Appears this HP was made in 1954 - 1955 time frame.

Appreciate the info.

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts