Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a GI version 1911. I've read the review in American Rifleman on the Springfield Amory 1911 but I have been unable to find any information on the High Standard 1911. I will use it for casual recreational shooting at cans etc. I have a limited budget so I don't want a tricked out 1911 but something that looks like the WWII GI issue. Does anyone have any experience with the High Standard 1911 or the Springfileld Amory 1911 A1. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have heard the High Standard has some QC problems, and of the 2 mentioned I'd favor the Springfield, but I'd really recommend a RIA made by Armscor.

I have had several of their 1911's (made by Armscor) and own 2 now. They are very reliable, well made and accurate pistols at a good price, and I recommend Armscor - made pistols very highly.

mark

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I have never owned a High Standard but I have owned a Springfield. I would put the Springfield up agenst any Colt I have seen. I dont think you cah go wrong with one. This is just my opinion.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ones's about as good as the other. I've shot and owned both, sights kept falling off Springfields (2 of them) and had to replace slide stop out of the box on HS. HS shot and functioned much better. Replaced slide stop so it would lock open after last shot. No big deal..Sights falling off was a big deal though..

And the High Standard is also made by Armscor...And they have been making 1911's for over 50 years.

I would suggest either a SW1911 or a Kimber, or a COLT!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.