Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is gonna sound dumb...lol...but how exactly does reloading work? Never seen it and this is the first year that I've heard about it. It sounds like a cool and fun concept. Please explain. I'll search it on google but would still like some feedback. Thanks guys. I'm fairly new to guns. :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Excaliber, Basically after you go shooting, you sweep up your brass. Take it home and in a tumbler, you clean it. Then with a reloading press, with the reloading dies screwed into the top of it,(dies that are the same caliber as the brass) you go thru the motions in three or four stages, with the three or four dies you have installed you reload the brass, so you can shoot it again in your gun. Now i am being very vague with this explanation. There is a lot more to the process. Aside from that, it is a enjoyable hobby, if you have some extra time on your hands. It is a hobby that has to be taken very serious. and has to be followed to the tee. There is alot at stake, as to yours and others safety concerning life and limb. I dont mean to scare you, but you will be making bullets, and working with compotents that are explosive,and can ignite a fire. Along with working with tools that are used to measure increments to plus or minus 0. There are numerous books and literature on the subject of teaching you how to get started in this hobby. Also a wide range of manufactures who make the tools you will need in doing so. You can even find used tools,(presses) amoung everything else on ebay and other sources that you can buy, that can save you some money. Make sure you do your homework 1st as to not overpay, of course. There are people who sell thier equipment for various reasons. Any way hopefully i was some help to you on this subject. And good luck if you follow it up. Take care, Jack :wink:

G

·
Do a search on YouTube. Some are informative and some are hilarious. Look for Lee Reloading or Dillon Reloading for example....

I'll search it on google but would still like some feedback. Thanks guys. I'm fairly new to guns.
Any Feedback???[/quote]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts