Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Victory type holster for use with my S&W Model 10 during cold weather when I wear a heavy coat. It hangs on the off shoulder and hooks to the belt with a small loop that snaps.

It arrived without the belt loop. I immediately sent an email and waited. I called TWICE and left voice mails - and waited. I sent TWO more emails and called once more...........stopped waiting and sent it back!!

Frost my buns. I'm out almost $20 bucks for shipping a box from and back to Brownwood Texas!!!!!!

And, I still don't have a Victory holster for my .38 S&W Model 10..........

Now I have to start shopping all over again........some companies just don't have a clue on customer relations.

Okay...rant off :x

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry to hear of your suckish experience. I have ordered holsters mail order before (Lyman's, from the Blue Press) and have been lucky. Anything over $30, and I want to try it on before I buy. Those I try to find at my local gun store, or at a gun show. You might try asking the owner of your local gun store if they have someone locally who makes holsters. I just happened to be in my local store when the guy who makes their leather holsters was in; he said he could make pretty much anything I would want- just let them know. You'll be hard-pressed to get service like that from out of state. Good luck on your quest.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally located the company that makes them. They said they had just sent a big shipment off to Cabelas. But, I asked nicely and the lady sent me the last one that she had in the plant........now, that was great service.

Now, I'm happy.......just still out TWENTY bucks that I should not have been!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you are talking about the Pilots Victory Holster, the one I got from Cabelas was made in China. So far I haven't used the belt loop yet. Maybe I'll try that next time.

What I hated was the cheap loops for the bullets. I could hardly get a .38 bullet in them. Then it became a challenge. Once loaded it curled around (because the loops were too small) and would not lay flat. Other than that I like it, but it is, after all, a cheap ChiCom slave labor copy. Oh well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I usually buy all over the internet and never have so bad experience ... Sometimes I get the answer later than usual, but always get one.
I have waited for a holster for 5 week from falcoholsters, but after 4 or 5 emails I received the holster and I like it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I usually buy all over the internet and never have so bad experience ... Sometimes I get the answer later than usual, but always get one.
I have waited for a holster for 5 week from falcoholsters, but after 4 or 5 emails I received the holster and I like it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I almost always buy my holsters from HUME via the internet and never had any kind of problem. Their customer service is great. I ordered a holster one day and got an email in return. They noted that all of my orders were for the right hand draw. It seems that I made a mistake on the order I had just sent off, and indicated that I wanted a left hand holster. They were just following up. Thankfully I didn't have to pay for a holster that would have been of no use to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.