Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Glock 22 on it's way. I would like to have a holster when it arrives. What would you suggest?

I'm not going to use this weapon for concealed carry, but I like minimalist holsters. I also like leather, but "new" materials are not out of the question.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
The most popular is the Fobus paddle holster. I use the Blackhawk retention for a duty holster. Both have there place and are good.

·
Registered
141 Posts
In the way of new materials, you have the plastic ones (Fobus) and the thermoplastic ones (the various Kydex holsters). I don't have any experience with plastic, but the kydex models offer very solid retention but smooth draws and returns.

For the cheap ones, I have an Uncle Mike's and get good mileage out of it. Very solid basic Kydex, for ~$20. Add $12 for paddle (I use the basic belt model, works fine, just need to thread it).

Other companies to check out are Comp-Tac and Blade-Tech. The latter makes very nice mag carriers as well.

Expect about $60-80 for a Kydex holster from a 'respectable' brand.

All very economical compared to most actual leather ($70+++) and money well spent.

Glocks seem to have the highest attach rate when it comes to aftermarket gunleather, after 1911s. Chances are, if they make a holster, they make a Glock holster.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've carried a Glock for over 15 years, and I have tried a bunch of holsters. The most comfortable one yet is the Fobus paddle holster. The paddle is shaped so well that you forget it's even there. It's hard to beat the price, too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.