Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling 4 handguns for my father in law who is 90 years old, lives in Homer, Alaska and is on a fixed income. He does not know how to use the internet so he has asked me to help. I need to determine fair prices on these handguns. He has given me 4 to sell, a Taurus 22, a sig 232 (very nice), nra buck mark 22, and a llama 45. I need to get as much as I can as this will help him make it through the coming winter. Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Order this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... t=11082005

Then, pay close attention to the photos in the front of the book that show you how to evaluate condition. As you will see when you look up the individual guns, condition is everything.

The guns you listed are all solid shooters, but none of them has any real collector interest... the NRA Buckmark must be unfired, in the original box, with all the tags and papers to have any value more than a plain-jane Buckmark (and even then, you need to find somebody who wants the NRA edition).

The book values are what a dealer would expect to get when selling the guns. A private sale typically goes for about 80% of book.

G

·
Goto the gun auction sites (i.e. Gunbroker). That will give you an idea, course things on the auction sites are a bit pricey.

If you attempt to sell them to a gun store or dealer, be prepared for low $$$.

Good Luck

·
Registered
606 Posts
Re: re: How to value handguns

Bboomer said:
Goto the gun auction sites (i.e. Gunbroker). That will give you an idea, course things on the auction sites are a bit pricey...........
I would go beyond that... the on-line gun sales I've looked at were almost always somebody fishing for a sucker. The prices they're asking are beyond ridiculous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.