Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a taurus pt-92 i am haveing a problem with the slide not fully closeing on the gun it is staying 1/2inch or less from being closed causeing me not to be able to shoot the next shot.i have put a 16lb recoil spring on it and it does not do it as bad but it still does it please help thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
That model is a knock-off of the Beretta 92/M9, right?

I would try a Beretta mag. If that doesn't work, contact Taurus CS and prepare to wait.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Make sure the pistol is unloaded, remove the mag, and rack the pistol into the open position and lock it open. Leave it that way for a few days to set the recoil spring. While this is happening, load the magazines completely and let them set for the same period of time.

Did you change the recoil spring before you even shot the pistol- (I'm assuming it's a new gun.) and why did you got to a higher power spring-was there a problem or did you read about this somewhere? If a new gun, put the factory spring back in before you let it set. If you got it used, the new spring can stay.

If you still have the problem, make sure you re-assembeled it properly.
If you did, leave the factory spring in it and call customer service as stated above.
Good luck.
FWIW, Don't replace parts in a new pistol before you even shoot it-it is usually a waste of money and does nothing to "improve" the gun.
mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes its a new gun the reason i bought a heavier spring was to help push the slide forward, and it seems to work better but it still does not fullyload sometimes. but i will put my factory spring back in it and do as you said thanks alot.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If it is a new gun, put the original spring back in it and take it back to the shop where you bought it. Its under warranty. Taurus has a lifetime warranty anyways. I had a Taurus 92 and it was a good shooter and never gave me a hint of trouble with thousand of rounds downrange. Others have had nothing but trouble. I sold mine to get something else I can't even remember. Even though it is a Beretta 92 copy, I don't believe the Beretta magazines will work in it. I think the magazine latch hole or feed lip angle is different. Most feeding issues can usually be traced back to a bad magazine. But you say that it happens with both of your magazines. Take it back and politely demand that the shop send it in for repair or replace it if the wait is too long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts