Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Upload your picture to a web site like photobucket.com then paste the url in your post.

[url ]www.url to picture goes here.com[/url ]

You can't upload directly to pistolworld.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Paul F. said:
Tell me about the age, origin and caliber, please. :D
Paul,

Makarov is available in 9x18mm (9mm Mak) or 380 ACP. My Makarov is the 380 ACP version. I have had my Mak for about 24 years now. It shoots as good today as it did when it was new. It has never FTF or FTE a single round in all these years.

I carry my Mak in my car console, and sometimes in my pocket.

It is a single stack magazine holding 9 rounds + one in the chamber. It is a Double Action pistol so your first shot is nothing more than pulling the trigger. It will carry in Condition One, but it makes me a little nervous relying on the safety. So, I carry it with the hammer down. It uses an inertia firing pin so you don't have to worry about accidental ingition from dropping or hitting the hammer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Maks are beginning to get a little scarce these days. I'm seeing fewer and fewer at gun shows and gun shops.If you happen to run across one, I would recommend you buy it if it's priced reasonably. I bought my Mak NEW 24 years ago, for $59.95...

You won't get one today for that price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had a few, and took to them like a fish to water! accurate, reliable and VERY accurate.

I have an IJ-70 in 9X18 that I love with my life...and I gave my bulgarian 9X18 to my father. They're awesome guns!! I blew 150 rds through mine today. I'd have kept going, but ran out of ammo!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts