Pistol World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this gun! No difference in feel or carry from the old Military Issue. :D

Shortly I'll be picking up a very mint 1960 Colt Commander in .38 Super... after all the Springer needs a little buddy! :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
What is the difference between the mil spec and the GI?

as far as I can see it is only the sights, but the Mil costs over 100$ more. I want a GI (so its cheaper) but in 38 super so I got to go with the 38 super Mil-spec. Save the $$ upgrade to the .45?

can someone explain, or find me a 1911 in 40S&W for a good price. ( under 500$ )

·
Registered
12 Posts
The sights, polished feed ramp and lowered and flared ejection port. Thats the differnce between the Gi and the Mil-spec. I am trying to find a mil-spec right now... :?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just got my Milspec today. Feels great. My finger is twitching with anticipation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had a springfield mil-spec for about 2 years. I bet i've put about 1000 rounds through it and it is great. It is just as accurate and reliable as my kimber. it is really a thrill to shoot.

·
Registered
32 Posts
had my mil-spec for a yr now purchased it to build from as I didnt have the $$ for all the bells and whistles with the exception of some new sights its just about there now,never had a problem with it,not even a FTF @ 25 yds I'm actually getting same hole shoots but I have put another $500 into it since I bought it..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts