Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to get a new .22 for target shooting, plinking around, practice, etc. Wanted to see what you guys would recommend. My dad has a Ruger that I have used and I really like, but want to see what other guns you guys would recommend.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The most accurate .22s I have are a S&W 17, and a 617, both with 6" barrels. The 617 is scoped and has taken its fair share of squirrels and other small critters. I just picked up the 17, and it's only been to the range a couple of times. It was made in the 60s, and is smooth as glass. Almost as good, is my S&W 2206. I don't know how long ago they quit making them, but it is a lot better than the Ruger Mk. II I had. Good luck finding one of these, however.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a couple .22 revolvers and just recently acquired a Walther P22 and it is a teriffic piece of craftmanship. It is very accurate at 25 yards. I have fired about 200 rounds through it; so far and has accepted different types of ammo with no malfunctions. it comes in two barrel lengths and you can even get a muzzle adapter to accept a supressor which will be my next purchase.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I would stick with what your dad has. A Ruger .22 is hard to beat. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.