Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I need to dispose of some "extra" guns that I will never use so I need a value as to what I may ask for in the local newspaper. They are as follows:

1. Browing High Power Has a dull gray frame, black rubber grips, adjustable sights, as ANIB 9mm. Bought a couple years ago.

2. Para Ordinance P 12 ANIB.

3. Ruger Redhawk SS with 4X Charles Daly SS scope and Ruger SS rings ANIB.

Any suggestion as to what I should ask for these guns?

TIA,

Franchi

·
Registered
606 Posts
In order to assign a value to each of the firearms listed, a detailoed description of the condition is necessary.

Also, the dollar value depends on whether it is a private sale, buying from a dealer, or selling to a dealer.

I would suggest ordering a copy of "The Blue Book of Gun Values", as it has an excellent tutotrial on gun evaluation, as well as a very complete listing of manufacturers, models, and values. Last year's edition can usually be purchased at a bargain price from Natchez or Midway..... and the year-to-year changes in value are pretty minor, so the values listed would still be valid. Blue Book values are "Dealer Retail" prices.... private sales usually go for 80 - 90 % of book, and dealer trade-in prices are usually 50 - 60 % of book.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts