Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the title says it, I just ventured into my local funshop and found this.

I gave $425 for it and was very pleased. It has a documented history that includes a throat job, feed ramp polishing as well as a trigger job. Came with Novak sights and these awesome grips with the swells.

all in all, I'd say t was a good day.

and yes I just posted this in the 1911 section too if you were wondering.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Does look like a good deal. You said you got paperwork on the gunsmithing the pistol has had, but I can't help but wonder if that including machining the slide to accept the Novak sights. Everything else about it says stock 1911 except for the sights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, there was not any mention of the sight work. And it does indeed look quite "vanilla" from the outside, not being a 'smith, I don't know how to verify the trigger work other than by feel, but the throat and ramp are easy to spot. I'm not sure if the previous owner was trying to avoid the outward appearance of mods and preferred the stock look or what. That said I have shot several springers that were not this smooth (or accurate for that matter), I no longer own any other springer than this one to compare to side by side (I'll have to work on that). I already have a few mods in mind but nothing extravagant as I kinda like the plainer look myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts