Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...what would it be?

Mine would be the Glock 27. Tough, reliable, easy to conceal and quite accurate.

What's yours?

Why?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Glock 17
Reliable, high cap, very accurate and plentiful ammo.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Glock 26 or 27. Same basic reasons as those already given. Small, easily concealed, and reliable

·
Registered
640 Posts
Probably my S&W 66. Small enough to conceal, light enough to want to carry it, big enough to shoot comfortably, affordable and easy to find ammo, minimally adequate for smaller deer sized game and even small game with wadcutters. An auto is more comfortable for concealed carry but it is difficult to find one with enough "horsepower" for largish game.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I hate to even consider the thought of having only one. It would be a tough call between a 4" S&W M19 or a 6-1/2" Ruger Old Model Blackhawk in .357.

The 19 is a lot nicer to carry, and would work for darn near any purpose..... but you can whip up some 180 grain golly-whompers for that Ruger that would kill the Smith in short order. And, I'm marginally more accurate with the single action.... probably the additional barrel length and sight radius.

I'd rather answer the question.... "If you could have only 16 handguns....."

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, since right now I only own one handgun and it is a Glock 23, I am going to say....yep...Glock 23. There are other handguns that I want to own as well, but the Glock 23 offers me the best overall option. It is small enough to conceal, large enough to be a duty weapon, reliable, and powerful. I don't know what more you could ask of a handgun.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Interesting thought.....I have several ... of multiple calibers(.32,.38, 9mm, .45) ....
But, if you forced me to choose..... I'll take the WWII Luger my dad brought home after the war. 9mm, dead accurate....just a beautiful piece of work....and after 60+ years still beautiful and reliable... and very special to me !

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, for right now I only have one handgun. I would like to get a larger caliber one of these days though... :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
My current and only handgun is a Ruger Target Model Mark III .22/45 with a 5.5" barrel. From what I understand it is a great starter gun and that is why my inlaws got it for me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just one?

I'm torn between my Ruger MKI and my SIG P226. The .22s are fun and cheap, and the Ruger is a bloody tank; the SIG is in a serious caliber, as accurate as I'm willing to back up, absurdly reliable...and I can shoot well with it. Only problem is the caliber on mine...so let's say a P226 in 9mm for the plentiful ammo.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would have to go with a .357 mag. or .44 mag., 4" barrel revolver, because of the versatility. You can shoot rat shot, wadcutters, semi-wadcutters, fmj and jhp, all with complete reliability.

You can hunt with it, control vermin, carry concealed or use for home defence. If any kind of firearm ammo is available, you should be able to find something to feed it.

Maybe not ideal for anything, but good enough for everything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.