Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, like a true idiot, I decided once I replaced all the springs in my p220 and finally got it working right again (first time I'd ever done it), that I needed to punch out the roll pins in the slide and replace them (first time I'd ever done that, too). This is where stuff starts to get gruesome, I don't like it any more than you will. First I attempted to use a punch that was too small that I found randomly in the garage. I succeeded at knocking the smaller/inner roll pin out while at the same time expanding the larger/outer roll pin, making it harder to punch out. In my haste I yanked out the smaller roll pin with a pair of pliers. Next I tried every punch I had to get the bigger one out. Towards the end I resorted to finish nails and even the adapter end of a small rifle brush. It broke off inside of the pin hole in front of the larger roll pin. I took it to a gunsmith today and paid him 20 dollars to punch them out. I gave him two new replacement pins and he only put the larger one in. Well, I was just happy to have that foreign stuff out of the slide.

So, now here's the story. I THINK the main, expensive parts of the gun are okay. But I suspect I have some damaged ejector/extractor stuff, you tell me. There are feed issues, like two rounds in the breach (one in chamber, one on top, release the mag, all drop out). Please shine ye wisdom down upon me after looking at these pics. The guide rod to barrel pic was taken with the slide racked and a round chambered (hammer decocked of course)... I'm learning, I'm learning. The DVD's on it's way, but inquiring minds want to know. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts