Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this single shot pistol at my grand fathers house any info on it would be greatly appreciated . Here's what I can tell you he was in ww2 it looks very old it's riveted together there's a S stamped in one side of handle and a possible M or W or 3 on the other side any questions to help you figure it out just ask here's 2 pics

·
Registered
606 Posts
I've never seen one exactly like it, but I've seen an old "starter pistol" that was very similar. They are intended for use with blanks only, and are used to start races, such as in track meets.

A clue would be whether the barrel is rifled or not.... if it's a smoothbore, I'd give it a 99% chance of being a starter pistol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Solowsonoma,
I have a cap pistol that is very similar the pistol you have.
My old eyes arn't so good, but when I enlarge your picture, the cylinder looks like it is part of the frame and does not rotate.
The one I have, the barrel is fixed and does not tip down. There is an "S" on the left side of the frame and a "W" on the right side of the frame. It is approximately 5-1/2" long.
A few photos to compare.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Okay, please take a look through the barrel.

Is it clear all the way through?

Is it rifled?

From what I can see it is a cap pistol from the 1930's-1940's.......but that is just me!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts