Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a market today and I saw a very interesting pistol that I would really like to identify. The seller only spoke Russian and a little French, and I only speak a little french, but from what I could tell he knew nothing about the gun. Here is what I know:
It is a six chamber pinfire revolver
It has a partial hexagonal partial round barrel
The trigger is on an axis and folds toward the base of the chambers
There is no trigger guard
There is a marking with a capital N and a crown above it
It has a similar design as this revolver (without the two tone metal, and maybe a slightly shorter barrel): http://www.horstheld.com/Kirschbaum.jpg

I unfortunately don't have a picture, if I can't figure it out tonight I may go take one tomorrow, but I'm afraid he will be gone by sunday. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
147 Posts
downcycle_ This is very tough-there were many manufacturers of somewhat similar revolvers all over Europe, and even with pics it is sometimes very difficult to determine a maker with certainty.
I'm not even sure about the proof marks being Belgian, but it's probably not a bad guess.

These guns are also priced all over the board-I just Googled several with prices from the low hundreds to over 4 thousand dollars.

IMO, look it over, and if you think it's worth the asking price, buy it. If nothing else, you will have an interesting time researching it, and a very nice display piece.

Sorry I can't do better, but there it is.

mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.