Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard from a friend tonight that Michigan just passed a law making it a class three state but I can't find any information to substantiate his claim. Has anyone else heard about this?

Sorry about all the Michigan threads but I have a vested interest, so to speak. :wink: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

· Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the link Glen provided as well as several others and came up with nothing. I think my buddy is FoS. :roll: Too bad, I was almost excited for a minute there. If I do come up with anything I'll post it for the rest of you.

The good news is The Brady Campaign rated Michigan as D+ in 2004. California has an A- so I think we're better off flunking. Go Michigan!

· Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a beer salesman for part of Detroit. Wearing beer logos on all of my clothing and carrying an expensive computer to write orders with isn't fun in that neighborhood and I've had more than my fair share of problems. Three more months and I get my CPL, but I'll still have my hands tied up with that dumb labtop. :? For the most part I just run like hell if I'm able. My interest in getting a license for fully automatic weapons is more just to know whether it's legal or not. I have no plans to actually get one so it's more of an academic curiousity. I'm counting the days until I get that CPL though.

· Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is an improvement over previous restrictions. Now it is legal to transfer pre '86 machine guns whereas it was previously legal to transfer pre '77 machine guns. Are there any states that allow the transfer of new machine guns or is '86 a federal cutoff for manufacture?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.