Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy thanksgiving to everyone. I'm new to the pistol. Got the Glock 22 and woul like to buy the sig mosquito for the cost of ammo( was $340 onsale $290) but there like 50/50% bad and good about it. Since it came out 4 years ago and with a lot of FTE,FTF I think for the new one, sig company must be find & fix the problems. Is it been improve ? Thanks in advanced for any of your opinion :D .

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't own one. I looked at it a year ago, and decided to just save my money and buy the 229 instead after all the horror stories I heard. I HAVE heard that CCI minimags run through flawlessly, but here in MA, those run like $9/box of 100, so it made more sense to me to buy the 9mm if I was going to be spending that kind of money anyway.

I hear the Walther p22 fires cheaper stuff better, but for me, the grips on those are just too small. Plus, the Sig looks much better. I hope they get it figured out some day, if they haven't already.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Careful guys the Walther models are not holding up to heavy use.
IMHO there are much better choices and those that will last for a long time and shoot or function with the ammo you have to put through them.
Although as we al know the rimfires are very finicky about ammo.
What has happened to Rem and /win with their rimfire ammo?
I am having customers go out and buy the "bulk packs" of their ammo and after just a few rounds they bring me the bulk pack to dispose of. It is dirty and it will not feed in most rimfire guns and it is unbelievable how often the rounds fail to fire at all.

I have several bulk packs in the gunsmiths area waiting for disposal because no one wants to shoot it.

??????

UF

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have one of the mosquitos in dig camo with the tatical trainer, and a streamlight trl-2. it has to be one of the smoothest weapons i have ever shot. ten rounds in a 2 inch diameter group is very easy as fast as u can pull the trigger. i shoot only cci mini mags and have had zero problems. i have put about 600 rounds thru it with zero malfunctions or misfires.

i carry a kimber cdp2 ultra with crimson trace grips, shooting hornady 200 gr TAP FPD. now this one is a mule kicker but after alot of rounds thru it double taps are very managable.

If i had my choice again i would buy the mosquito again and i may buy one more in the snow digital. VERY nice weapon!! you wont b dissapointed!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the repply. I bought the mosquito & get it to the ranger with couple ftf & fte with 100 round but I feel good with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After pile down the feed ramp I come back at the ranger last sunday try 100 cci mag with out any problem and then try 50 rounds of the armscor ( from philipin) got only one FTF becauce that bad round. I put the bad round back for the third time the bad round fire & went ! I like the gun after all. :D.
Can some one tell me what diffirence between the double and single trigger action and how to do the double trigger? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts