Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:
I inherited it in original condition (untouched since WWII), but had the barrel/bushing, trigger, sights and grrips replaced 20 years ago. It was manufactured by Ithaca in 1943 and is in pretty good conition. I also had it parkerized. The grips are Bianci (rubber), Millet sights. It shoots VERY well with 2" groups at 30 feet. Can anyone tell me about what it is worth if I were to sell it (over my dead body of course)? Let me know if you need close-up pictures and of what areas. So far I haven't figured out how to include pictures here despite 23 years of using internet every day. I could email pix to an email address if needed.
Thank You.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I figured. I HAD to refinish it with some method, and some of my research stated that Ithaca commonly applied a "parkerized" finish to their M1911A1's in 1943. I strongly dislike bluing, so opted for refinishing this pistol this way rather than a blued finish for the same cost at the gunsmith. It looks very uneven and "authentic" due to the different hardnesses of steel in the slide/etc. controlling how the finish was absorbed. I normally refinish all of my guns, but not this one. If the original finish was a "parkerized" one, then I really just replaced it after stripping off the tarnish and rust that was present. I had to make a quick call, went with this..............will never sell it anyway probably, so value is just for my information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.