Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
actually it's also my first pistol in general. I had two questions: one about the value and one about the condition. I don't know alot either and I kind of had to buy it on my own at this gun show today.

It's glock 19, used. It was $320, I did a serial number search and I believe it was made in 1995. Would you say this is a fair deal? I live in NY.
It has some noticeable wear an tear in terms of cosmetics but mechanically seems good. I haven't fired it yet.

My two questions are:
Would you say it's a fair deal pricewise? (it's a done deal but of course I have to ask)

More importantly, what should I look for when I strip it to determine if it's in good shape. I did have a guy at the show who said he owns a couple glocks check it out who said the spring and slide felt good but he didn't strip it or anything.

I did buy it from an established gun broker (although not local). Any info at all is helpful. Clearly I'm new at this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It sounds like a good deal to me. If you do need new parts, they are easy to come by.
My first handgun was a Glock. I bought a new model 21 (.45 cal)
You will be surprised how easy it is to tear down and clean.
When somebody shows you how, It only takes a few times of taking it apart and putting it back together to learn how to do it on your own.
Its a GREAT gun, The more you shoot it, the better you will get with it.

You wanna see how good a Glock is? You gotta read this! Its hard to believe.

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?op ... view&id=90

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.