Pistol World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to pick a few things up at Wal-Mart, and I swung by the sporting goods counter to pick up some .357 magnum. Yes, I reload it, but I need it for tomorrow and I don't have enough stocked up right now. Before I started reloading it a few months ago, the Remington UMC 125-grain JSP was about $12 a box at my local gun shop. I was on my way home, and the total of what all I bought popped into my head, and for some reason seemed a bit high. I got home, checked the receipt....... $18 for that box of ammo :shock: . I knew there was a reason I didn't buy that stuff there.

·
Registered
944 Posts
That's a hard lesson to relearn. Sort of reminds me of the time I went to a golf resort (through work) and forgot my sunscreen. $7 for a tiny bottle! I'm still bitter about that one but at least I'm not burnt. Well, you know what I mean.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wired,
Prices on ammo have jumped in the last few months. Reloading supplies are going up also. I'd been buying primers at $2 a hundred and powder for around $15.50 a pound. Last week primers were up to $2.50 and powder was $19.95. Bullet prices are running up also, lead or jacketed.

I gotta hit the next gun show and pick up a bunch of stuff. Hopefully I'll find somebody who's got stuff they don't want to take back home and pick it up cheap.

HWD

·
Registered
122 Posts
The price of copper has gone up, so brass is naturally going to increase as a direct result. Maybe if more people recycle the prices of ammunition could drop back down?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Lead has taken a jump also. I might have to buy me some molds and make em from wheel weights. I've got a couple hundred lbs here at the shop and a freind who owns a tire store told me to replace his buckets and he'll give me five 5gal buckets full.
Now if I just figure this stuff out.....

HWD

·
Registered
640 Posts
That is about going rate at most places for jacketed bullets, especially 125 gr. 158 gr lead commonly runs in the $16+ range anyplace I recall seeing it. Ammo and component prices have gone up quite a bit in the past couple of months, shotgunners have seen this for a much longer time span.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'd reload even if there wasn't a savings - but I understand.

I went to the range a few months back - and forgot to bring some .44 mag with me - so I bought a box. I think it was $26 ..... and all because I was too lazy to run home and get a box ( still frosts my butt though ..).

·
Registered
175 Posts
I received the newest Shooting booklet from Cabela's on Friday. On the inside of the first page, there was a yellow box that measured about 3 X 3. They were appoligizing(sp?) for increases and giving the reasons. There was the final line that all prices were subject to change also.

HWD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts