Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at a used Kimber 40 cal that has the laser sight grips installed ($300 new). The gun shows little wear except where it was hulstered. The gun shop wants $799.00 for it. What are your thoughts about the gun and price.

Indy

·
Registered
149 Posts
If those lazer grips are Crimson Trace, then they usualy go for 300.

You can look at it piecemeal. 300 for the grips and 500 for the gun. If you look at it that way, i would say its a good deal. however, im not sure how 1911s handle 40 S&W. alot of time when you take 1 platform and change it to feed other cartriges, sometimes it just doesnt work.

if you got the $$ to try it, then i would go for it and see who it performs. You really wont know unless you do so. its the way the game is played.

btw, if youre going to get it, i would get a varitey of ammo to try including FMJ if possible.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was going to try and mess with you and say I bought it out from under you for $700. They will deal a bit with you on price there if you buy outright. No deals on layaway, though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
killerb said:
I was going to try and mess with you and say I bought it out from under you for $700. They will deal a bit with you on price there if you buy outright. No deals on layaway, though.
That was in the back of my mind when I said I put money on it. It looks like it would cost me around $1100 new with the sight, so I don't feel bad about $799.00. It really does look like it is new. One of the guys found it in the back room under some stuff. He thought someone was keeping it hidden to purchase for themselves. They have a nice deal of $20.00 down and 180 days to pay in full. My wife will not notice that money missing :wink: . She actually knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts