Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
I've got the 3 hole deluxe turret press kit and it's been perfectly reliable, and very easy to use. I couldn't be happier with it and compared to other units costing more than twice as much, I just don't see how there can be a 200% improvement in performance to justify the 200% price increase the others charge!

I reload 40 S&W on mine, and will use ot for other calibers when I get some more guns!

"I was looking for a way to load .45 colt, 44 mag, and 454 faster and thought I would try one."

What are you loading with now? How much time you save depends on what you were loading with to start with. Also, You'll want the 4-hole turret, so you can perform all the functions without changing dies. (1: de-prime, resize 2: prime 3: charge case and flare mouth 4: seat bullet and crimp) However, if you get the Lee- Auto prime, or some other similar hand-priming tool, then you only need the 3-hole turret. You can also buy extra shell plates (they're cheap, like $10) so you can leave each caliber set up to run. Just drop in the plate for the caliber you want to load and go!

I find that the most tedious stage was priming with the turret press. You had to manually place each primer in there just right, then load the case, etc... it was a royal pain the butt and took the most time of all stages for me. Then , I got an auto prime ($13, and remember, you also have to buy the auto-prime shellholders... the normal shell holders won't work. But, they're again only a couple bucks each, or like $14 for all of them in a nice box) and I can prime 100 cases in a couple minutes.

I would highly recommend the Lee Turret presses for all of your moderate quantity reloading tasks. I load about 600 rounds a week, and it takes me about 3-3.5 hours, depending on how many different powders and bullets I want to use.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.