Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious about people opinions regarding their top three favorite pistols? Please rank and be specific about the make, model, caliber and your reason.

For example,

1.) Springfield 1911 Operator/45 ACP - excellent grips and accurate shooter

2.) HK P30 /40 S&W - like the night sights and grip ergonomics

3.) Glock 34 /9mm - fun to shoot quickly and easy to field strip

·
Registered
8 Posts
1. From a collectors standpoint (I am a collector) I love the German Luger in all Variations. It's beautiful design to this day is to me a very elegant and unique looking pistol ;and it's cartridge is still one of the most popular of the day.

2. Without a doubt second is the Walther HP. This is better known as the Walther P-38, P-38 being the MIlitary designation. It's double action, solid locking block safety makes this design just as modern today as it was in 1938 and the Beretta 92 emulates it internally completely.

3. I would have to say the Colt single Action Army. A true AMerican classic.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Based upon my experience, I would have to say ...

• Springfield 1911-A1, 45 ACP - built according to original 1911-A1 specs allowing for universal set of accessories, reliable, best auto-loading design ever in a handgun
  • Browning High Power, 9mm - reliable as the sun coming up in the morning, and easy to get once-fired cases for reloading
  • S&W K38 Masterpiece, .38 Special - feel, shootability, and again, easy to get once-fired cases for reloading

All three centerfires have been around for a long time and are tried and true. Were I to include rimfires I'd probably throw in the Ruger Mark I and II, the S&W 41 and the S&W K22 Masterpiece target pistols.

One more comment ... as soon as they are available, I am ready to bet $500-$600 that one of the new Browning 1911-22 autos will fast become one on just about everyone's list.

·
Registered
7 Posts
SW N frames, most any calibers, for Hunting and social work
1911's most any variant, for social work
Contenders, most calibers, Hunting most anything!

·
Registered
297 Posts
1. Combat/personal protection: Glock. Most dependable automatic ever. Easily the most tested and abused gun ever. Any caliber, but I happen to like .45 ACP in automatics.

2. Collecting/historical piece: Luger. Probably the most intriguing gun ever made.

3. Looks: Colt Python w/the Royal Blue finish. Probably the finest DA revolver ever made. Fell in love when Steve McQueen pulled one out in the airport chase scene in "Bullet."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.