Pistol World Forums banner

Load question with 124 gr. gold dots

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  freedomfighter 
#1 ·
I have seen some widely varying load data for what i'm trying to do. I'm trying to come up with an accurate, normal pressure load for my Beretta 92f using 124 grain gold dot hps and unique powder. On Alliant's website they have 1 load that calls for 5.8 grains of unique. I was thumbing through one of those single caliber load books at Gander Mtn. the other day and it it had loads for the 124 gr. gdhp as starting in the low 4 grain range using unique. This seems like a pretty wide range for the same powder. The Alliant recipe is almost a third more of the same powder. I'm wondering if the Alliant recipe is trying to emulate the +P factory loads, which seems to be a popular thing to do with the gold dots. If it is, it would be nice for them to tell you, which they don't. I emailed them today to get their take but I was wondering if anyone here has loaded 124 gr. gold dots with unique and has some thoughts on what i'm seeing. I'm waiting on the 49th ed. Lyman book to arrive and i'm hoping it has data for the gold dots. Guess we'll see. Any thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.