Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across this revolver and was wondering what a decent purchase price would be. It is the 6 inch version with no metal blemishes and the wood is in excellent condition. I have read that this revolver is considered to be a high quality pistol. I have had this weapon in my hands and it is in excellent shape. I just want to be sure that I am asking a fair price as I want to purchase it but I do not want to pay more than I have to. I have seen them online for $1200. :shock: The serial # is S80219. Any info on date of manufacture etc. would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The 26th Edition of the Blue Book of Gun Values (2005) lists the Diamondback value at $750.00 for 100% condition with a note to add 20% for nickle finish.

An additional note states that approximately 2200 Diamondbacks were made with 6" barrels and nickel finish in .22 cal in 1979 which adds $150 to 95+% specimens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that the latest edition or do they issue a new edition every year? Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Diamondback was made from 66-86. The sn you list is post 78.

The Blue Book is put out every year.

IMO, 1200 for just the revolver is to high unless it it NIB. Even at that, I'd really have to want it. The boxes and paperwork can run from 100-200 dollars alone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts