Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
"Worth" - what is it? The DE is a big, heavy semi-auto pistol that is made to shoot big, powerful cartridges. If that's what you want, then it's worth the money. Who else makes a gun like that?
If you really want a gun that shoots the 50AE, then it's worth the money 'cause it's the only one available as far as I know.
(I've been tempted over the years to buy one in .357 but have been able to resist so far)
Pete

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh good Lord, I posted as a new topic rather than a reply.

Rinse Clean...dunno about the Desert Eagle you mentioned, but heck, if I had the money I'd probably get it.

I did buy a Baby Desert Eagle and love it.

Good luck and enjoy if you get it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Fired one at the range one day, after the owner forgot and crossed his left thumb over to the right. The slide took out a nice chunk of flesh. He handed it to me and said, "You can shoot it while I find a bandaid."

I was underwhelmed. Big blast, a lot of noise, but not that accurate. Too big and bulky, plus it weighs waaaay too much. If holstered you'd have to strap a cement block on your left side in order to walk straight. Sure, it looks cool, but for all practical purposes I'd rather have a good .44 mag. (And I don't mean the DE in .44 mag.)

Worth the money? Naw. The Baby Eagle is the better buy. At least it's a practical gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.