Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a makarov .380 (9x18) cal.

I'd like to get a IWB or Wallet holster for it.

One thing I need to know is what are maybe two or three guns with the same "fit" when holstered?

Here are some of the choices I face:

Ruger LCP .380 auto, Kel-TecP32, P-3AT(.380

AMT Baclup

5 to 6 in. Large Autos, Long Slide

4 to 4-1/2 in. Large Autos, Standard

PPK

Your help in telling me two or three that would be very similar in fit to my Makarov would be appreciated

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm not sure off hand which would be the closest to your pistol but try www.sideguardholsters.com. Erik should have something on hand that should work or at least point you in the right direction. I have one of his double tuck snap IWB holsters for my XD-40 and it is my favorite holster by far. He also makes them with clips if that is your preference as well as a number of other styles.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Uncle Mikes (or Blackhawk - I think they own Uncle Mikes now) Size 1 (Blackhawk 01) = 3 - 4" barrel medium autos. Their Super Belt Slide Holster works great. Holds it nice and flat next to your body and hides it well.
http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/sup ... sters.html

I found it hard to believe, but the pocket holster for the 2" S&W J-frame revolver also fits the Mak. However, only my Duluth Trading Co. jeans have pockets big enough to hide my Makarov.

I will suggest that if you get an inside the pants holster consider one with a retention strap. I was coming down the steps one afternoon from the 2nd floor of our apartments and heard a THUNK. The leg motion of going down the steps worked the gun all the way out of the holster. It did not have a safety strap. Never used it again.

A wallet sized holster? Man, how big a wallet do you carry? I've seen them for mouse guns for the baby Berettas and Kel-Tecs, but not a Makarov.

Something made for a Sig 232, or a Walther PP (a PPK may be too small).

Which Makarov do you own?

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.