Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the laws pertaining to purchase of a 9mm handgun in the state of Michigan, is there a limit to the magazine size and how long after applying to buy a gun do you have to wait to get it?

I am also curious what the FFL fees are (or what typical fees should be), I was considering buying a handgun online and taking possession locally but wasn't sure what extra fees may be involved (if i bought the gun at a local shop say vs having it shipped to a local shop from an online place).

Just curious of any input on these things,

Bill :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
At present, to my knowledge, we do not have magazine restrictions... but I'm a .45acp shooter - so check. As to obtaining the pistol permit, you walk into the Police Department, hand them your driver's license and ask for a pistol purchase permit. In Grosse Pointe, you get the permit in about 10 minutes. In some locales, you go to the Sheriff's Office. I've heard in some areas it takes as long as 3 days to get the permit back, but that's because of personnel shortages. In this area, most FFL's charge $45 to handle the transfer. I have bought virtually every gun I own via the internet... 28 over the past three years, alone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts