PistolWorld.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After shooting some warm loads yesterday outa my Blackhawk 45LC. Every time I pulled the trigger, the trigger guard would smack the knuckle of my middle finger. Do any of ya'll experience this? If so, how do ya combat it? I finally put on a thin leather glove that I wear while rabbit hunting. It only cushioned the thumping a little bit. I don't know if it's the way that I hold my revolver or what. I even tried shooting with the other hand and suddenly wished I'd not done it. It didn't bang that knuckle near as bad because I decided that once was enough with my weak hand!

HWD

·
Registered
606 Posts
Had the same problem with my Super Redhawk .44 Mag....... a set of Hogue grips cured it.

I've never had the problem with any of my single actions, though..... the "plow handle" grips roll back rather than driving straight back.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's one of the other things that I tried yesterday (the Pachmeyers). When using them, my hand goes numb in the palm, but I don't get my knuckles cracked. Heck, I haven't had my knuckles cracked like that since 7th grade English class. Not only was that a looonnnggg time ago, but I can't remember if it was quite as painful either.

I might need to just go back to mild stuff til hunting season gets closer then worry about my huntingloads. We'll see!

HWD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts