Pistol World Forums banner

Military Flap-style Holster WANTED

5410 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  ski1462
Does anyone know where I can get a new "old style" Military flap holster for the 1911A1? Perhaps you know a leather worker who can make one?

Thanks :D
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Like this, with a thumb flap?

Or like this

Either way both can be found at army navy stores or on ebay.
See less See more
They sell replicas out of Shotgun News but I can't tell you where to go for an original :wink:
The one on the top is an original i own. Often called a tanker or artillery holster The lower pic is one i found on the internet.
Both originals can be found with ease, new ones will be hard to find.
also available through the US Cavalry catalog, i believe.
I use the Tanker model to haul my 9mm snake pistol under my shirt when working :x around the barn or mowing the yard. real handy.
///olde 8) pharte///
You can go to www.ima-usa.com. They have all kinds of leather gear and other cool surplus stuff. I bought a reproduction WWII Walther PP holster and it was identical to the original right down to the stitching. You can also try www.sportsmansguide.com. Good luck!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.