Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys first off I want to say thanks for all of the responses I've received in the past. My dad and I are new to pistols so we have a lot of first timer questions. Anyway how much of a job is it to install night sights on a model 66 or is it even possible. The sights now are fixed and I thought you couldn't change fixed sights. My dad has a little trouble picking up the front sight at dusk. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
606 Posts
A 66 with fixed sights???

The front sight blade should be pinned in place, and the rear sight removes easily with a screw. If yours isn't like that, it would be the first 19 or 66 I've seen with fixed sights. Is it possibly a snubbie with a round butt? All I have is the 4" and 6" square butt models.

The front blade and either the rear insert or the entire rear sight are easily swapped. You need to get the proper height for the barrel length and bullet weight you are shooting.

·
Registered
297 Posts
They are no problem at all. I have Meprolite Night Sights on a 3" 66 and a 4" 57. However, a 66 doesn't have fixed sights. You may have a 65. If so, you're outta luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts