Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Ya'll, newbie here.. I was wondering if anyone here has done a trigger job on a model 94? The double action trigger pull on mine is very heavy. Is there a spring or two that should be changed out? if so do you know where I can get said springs? I have done this to some of my other revolvers and it isn't that difficult if you take your time..If any one can help it would be appreciated..

mtnsmith................

·
Registered
3 Posts
mtnsmith said:
HI Ya'll, newbie here.. I was wondering if anyone here has done a trigger job on a model 94? The double action trigger pull on mine is very heavy. Is there a spring or two that should be changed out? if so do you know where I can get said springs? I have done this to some of my other revolvers and it isn't that difficult if you take your time..If any one can help it would be appreciated..

mtnsmith................
About the only reliable thing you can do to the 94 is polish and center the hammer and trigger. If you change springs you run the risk of light primer strikes. That is the usual results on the rim fire pistol because of the energy required to set the round off. You will probably notice drag marks on the side of the hammer where it rubs the frame. This can be cured by using S&W shims to center the hammer and trigger in the frame thus helping to smooth out the action. Brownell's has the shims. It will probably require several trys to get them perfectly centered. Remove all the squared sharp edges of the hammer and lightly polish the contact areas being careful not to change the lock up or remove metal. You will notice improvement doing this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts