Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found a Colt 1917 revolver, something I have been kind of looking for for about 15 years. It was made in 1919, and has had the Army number scrubbed of the butt. It has the "US Property stamp and the Colt pony, but has no military or inspector markings that I find. When I bought it, it had been stripped of the dull blue finish by someone with a heavy hand and w wire wheel. The gun was mainly in the white, but worked near perfectly.

Anyway, I cold blued it, and installed a Pachmyer grip addaptor, and it shoots well enough that I think I will carry it from time to time.
My question, finally: I paid $250 for this revolver,which I think is cheap, and I'm wondering what a more realistic price for it would be.

Thanks.

mark

·
Registered
606 Posts
dogngun said:
..... When I bought it, it had been stripped of the dull blue finish by someone with a heavy hand and w wire wheel. The gun was mainly in the white.......
Given that, I would think $125 - $150 would be top dollar from a collectors point of view.... but if it shoots well and you like it, then the shooter value is worth what you paid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts