Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 9mm from a private party and it is a complete mystery what kind of gun it is and its worth. The only markings on the pistol is it says CAL 9 on the barrel, it has a serial number, and it says cal 9 para on the actual barrel. It must be rare because i have not found anything even close. Hopefully one of you can help me figure out the manufacturer and then eventually find out if i got ripped off. the only thing wrong with the pistol is the guy I got it from put a custom mount for a scope on it so there are some bore holes in the barrel. The markings say CAL 9 and the serial number is AE06314.I have attached some pictures for help. It looks a lot like a CZ and it says Model 9 Made in Italy also. Ive guessed its a Tanfoglio but what model? Whats the worth?

·
Registered
640 Posts
It looks like an older TZ/EAA pistol that was drilled and tapped by either the factory or aftermarket for an optical sight. This was/is common for IPSC and some other competitions. I don't have any resources at hand but I'd guess that this is an older model that is no longer in current production. It may be a "rare" model but I doubt it adds to the value of the gun.
An IPSC shooter may find it to be worth more than a recreational shooter due to the ability to hand an optical sight on it but I still would be hard pressed to give as much as $500 for the gun if fully tricked out, and maybe $300 tops if not a competitor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.