Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to sell three target pistols for the wife of a friend of mine who recently passed away from cancer. I am not a pistol shooter and have no idea about the value of these guns. They are all in excellent condition and were very well cared for. I have digital photos of them if anyone could help me establish a value range for each. I am planning to list them on some internet gun auction site but need to establish a range of value before i do so as not to over or underprice them. I know what my friend was trying to sell them for before he died,but dont know if those prices were reasonable. I dont want to invest in a Blue Book of Gun values if i can avoid it so as to minimize the fees the widow will have to pay. I know that book is very expensive..even used ones.

The guns are
1.COLT TARGET 22..SEMI AUTO..6 IN BARREL..RIMFIRE WITH A HOLO SIGHT..THIS GUN LOOKS LIKE NEW TO ME.. HE WAS ASKING $750.00

2.HI STANDARD..SEMI AUTO..22..6 IN BARREL..RIMFIRE..VERY NICE CONDITION. I UNDERSTAND THIS GUN IS FAIRLY OLD,BUT DOESNT LOOK LIKE IT. HE WAS ASKING $250 FOR IT.

3.S & W MODEL 52-2..SEMI AUTO..5 IN BARREL..38 CAL..USES WAD CUTTERS..HAS A TASKO OR KASCO PRO POINT SIGHT ON IT..HE WAS ASKING $770.00 FOR THIS ONE.

I have no idea what these guns are worth. one of my neighbors who knows guns, but not hand guns, said the asking prices were too high. I may take them to a gun show in a nearby city as a way to sell them,but would appreciate any feedback i can get from some of you who are obvious experts in hand guns to guide me in trying to sell these guns for my friend's widow.

As i said i took digital photos of these guns and could send them to someone who might help me. Im just trying to avoid her having to pay a lot of fees in the process of selling them if i can avoid it.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts