Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats Up Folk`s.....New Member :D

The Gent who owned it,said it was passed down through a family member,and neither kwen what size it was,so neither fired the pistol.
Pistol has very little markings.....Black Powder Only....down the Barrel........PN with a Star over it.......and on the Butt, 8153R / PR FIE ,Italy

Camera S-X.....sorry :oops:
And Info on this Pistol would be great,any more info you need,I`ll do what I can :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I mesured this,and if I read my Mic right,it says the Barrel is .435" ,and the wheel is .445" I.D...........If that helps any.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did a little checking, FIE is Firearms Import Export,and I found a few Pistols that were close,but not exact,they were 44cal Army and Navy Issue Cap and Ball Revolver`s,but with this Pistol having Rifelings and the "Black Powder Only " stamped on the barrel,I feel this is cheap Replica of the older guns.

Now does anyone know if the mesurements I gave match a 44cal.........or does anyone know how to find a conversion chart from Inches to Cal. Size ?

Any help would be fantastic :D

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
It is a cheap replica of the Remington model 1858 Army/Navy revolver.

Yours is a brass frame model 1858 revolver.

You are correct also that it is a .44 caliber revolver.

BTW, it is supposed to have rifling.

Bass Pro shop sells them brand new for $250.00

·
Registered
240 Posts
Pistolero is dead on as always. The give away is "black powder only stamped on the pistol". A vintage pistol of this era wouldn't have that as black powder was all that was available for the pistol.

·
Registered
147 Posts
FWIW, I used to really enjoy shooting a revolver like this - I believe yours was imported from Italy in the 1960's - 1970's.

mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts