Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rugers LCP 380 is next on my list to buy. Has anyone here shot one yet? How do they shoot? thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
We bought a Kel-Tec P3AT for my wife. It jammed with every kind of ammo we put through it except Blazer FMJ. Since I didn't trust it, I got a Ruger LCP. It shoots great. No problems with any of the ammo tried so far, and it's more accurate. Both hurt to shoot very much, but they are not fun guns, they're SHIF guns.

Since I have both, I'd say go Ruger.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Whole bunches of Ruger LCP's are being sent back for repairs.

They have issues. You better wait til the bugs are worked out. Definitely pass on any used one that comes up for sale, as you are more than likely buying someone else's problem.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Ruger has issued a safety recall.

Seems the pistol will go bang if dropped. Very dangerous.

See the Ruger forum for link to Ruger recall.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have yet to see a LCP in person. All that come into my local shops are already bought and paid for, so they never see the display case. I know a guy who went in on a group buy of LCP pistols and he is back ordered. The recall isn't helping matters. I have a first generation Kel-Tec P3AT and it is a good shooter. It was one of the earliest guns shipped and initially wouldn't feed and function worth a crap. I called Kel-Tec up and they asked me my serial number, then requested that I send the pistol back immediately. They installed a new barrel with revised feed ramp geometry and it has not had a single hiccup since. I thought that I wanted a LCP to replace the Kel-Tec, at least until I saw the new offering from Kahr. Kahr's fit and finish quality is far above both Ruger and Kel-Tec. So is the price unfortunately, but I am willing to pay it for a superior gun. I'll have to wait and see if it really is better. It is a new gun and may have some teething issues like Kel-Tec and Ruger have both had upon release of their new designs.

Here is the link: http://www.kahr.com/PA-1_380_p.html

I don't think any have shipped yet. All the distributors I have checked are still waiting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a kahr pm 9 and love it but i would try to shoot one first they can be picky about ammo and if you have problems with limp wristing they'll jam as far as size i don't think you can find a better gun and they're very easily concealed also make sure you clean it really good they get kind of gummed up and jam as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts