Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very unique firearm and have no idea of its value.
I know it is what someone is willing to pay but I really do not need to sell I would just like to know if anyone has seen these and or has an idea of the value. Perhaps someone may have seen one for sale in the past.
In addition to everything else it has a spare barrel, bushing hammer and grip safety that allows it to be fired and remain new in the box, unfired. It was fitted by a professional gunsmith before I got it. I have not fired it and the riginal equip remains on the gun the other items are in the box.

It is a Colt Gold Cup, National Match MK IV series 80, 9MM, new in the box.

I have paperwork from the Office of the Historian, Colt Firearms Division.
This gun is a Colt Elite 1X Special Edition, 750 Units.
This one is engraved #XXX of 750 on the slide.

In the remarks section of the History states: "It is interesting to note that the above described firearm is the first domestic offeriing of the Gold Cup National Match Semi-Auto pistol in 9mm luger caliber. The special serial number range assigned to this edition is 1X001 through 1X750".

Signed by the historian Kathleen Hoyt.

Any thoughts or ideas.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If the gun smith that fitted the extra parts test fired it with those parts, then to a purist, it is no longer NIB unfired since the frame was "fired". Have you tried looking on Gunbroker, Auction Arms or Guns America to see if any have been up for auction? IIRC the Blue Book lists it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts