Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey so i bought my first pistol today.. so being on a budget i bought a cobra 380.. i know cheap gun but something to start off with. anyways got it home and was messing around and i noticed that it wont dry fire and when the safety is on the trigger still pulls,, would this be expensive to fix.

·
Registered
231 Posts
First: Have you read the owner's manual?

Some self-loaders will NOT fire if the magazine is not inserted. Therefore you cannot "dry fire" without a magazine.

The trigger very well may pull to the rear but that does NOT mean it is releasing the hammer.......lots of "safety" items on today's handguns.

Understand how your handgun works and then get back here with any further questions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is a reasonable enough advice – it is only fair that we read the owner’s manual of your new gun before come to the forum with questions!! I remember when I bought my first gun I had so many doubts but reading the owner’s manual was enough for me to understand my Bersa Thunder 9mm!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check on-line. I have found most products on the market today have manuals on-line and they are MUCH easier to read. And search. All my guns have PDF manuals and I can consult them on my laptop or a smart phone.

Doesn't answer your question but it's a good suggestion for anyone needing to read the manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts