Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my new Compact PX4 a couple days before Christmas after buying it on Gun Broker. I already have a fullsize 9mm and 45 plus a subcompact in 9mm. Beretta engineers have tweaked the design and come up with the best PX4 yet. This pistol feels perfect in hand and still retains the rotating barrel of the full size models. Even though it is cold here in Illinois I couldn't resist a trip to the range to see how the Compact shoots. I put 200 rounds of assorted ammo thru it, and like all my PX4s it was flawless. The one characteristic that really stands out though is the recoil impulse. This new models' felt recoil is less than the full size 9mm and way less than the subcompact. I don't know how Beretta accomplished this but I think it may have something to do with the newly designed recoil spring and an interesting polymer piece that encloses it, whatever the engineers did it works. This pistol is a creampuff to shoot even with hot +P ammo. Accuracy wise it's on par with the full size 9mm and I shot tight groups at 10, 15 and 25 yards. This is my 2'nd post here and I haven't figured out how to post photos yet as I have several. Anyone thinking about a PX4 should take a look at this latest version.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts