Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased me a Gen 4, G19. I thought this would be a nice edition to add to my 5 other glocks that are gen 3's. I am left handed and I liked the idea of the reversible mag release. so I got a gen 4. I should have read all the reviews and the G19's and I would have known about all these problems people are having. But instead I thought is a Glock, what will go wrong, they are reliable, thus no research before the purchase.

Okay enough about that. Since I bought the G19, I have had nothing but problems. Glock seems to not be very helpful. I will call them AGAIN, for the third time, tomorrow. I have shot 800 rounds total. I have had a few failure to feeds (around 10), And I have had a few failures for the slide to lock back on the last round (around 10). But I have had several failures to eject. I mean countless numbers. I have at least one FTE with each 15 rd mag I shoot through it. I have tried 4 different mags, thinking that might be the cause. No improvement. I have tried over 8 different ammo manufactures. No improvement. I have tried 9mm NATO and the 9mm +P and +P+. Neither of these "HOTTER" ammo's helped.
I have greased the heck out of it. I have racked the slide over 2,000 times to "help break in the recoil spring".
Now I have never had to do this stuff with any of my other glocks, and they shoot all brands of ammo with no problems.

Also on the rounds that do eject, very few eject to the right (maybe 1 in 10). Most rounds are thrown directly back into my face. The others that are ejected are thrown straight forward and land about 3 feet IN FRONT OF the gun's barrel.

I just want to warn other people about the GEN 4 Glocks.

I will post up some pics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have searched the web for countless hours, reading other forums, and looking for an aftermarket recoil spring for the GEN 4.
Most people agree that the recoil spring is the cause of these problems. I hope that is what is wrong with my Glock. It seems as if Glock is using the same double recoil spring on the 9mm as on the .40 cal, and the spring is too heavy for the 9mm.
When I did call glock twice last week, they acted surprised that I was having a problem and they acted like the Gen 4's never have problems. I am going to see if glock will send me a new recoil spring and see if that will fix it.

I did finally find an adapter for the gen 4, that will allow you to use a gen 3 spring and guide rod. By the time I ordered the adapter, recoil spring, guide rod, the cost was $85 with shipping. I think that is ridiculous. I hope this fixes my problem because right now, it was just a guess for me, if it would.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:

Since I have posted this in early October, I have been in touch with Glock. I have talked to Fred at Glock and he has been more than helpful. We regularly communicate through email now. Before, some of the Glock techs would not return my calls and I felt like Glock was just ignoring a problem they had and did not want to fix it. But Fred seems concerned and he has been more than helpful and he as revamped my image of Glock. He has suggested several things for me to do to make this a reliable gun and I have tried just about everything. I have now fired over 1300 rds through this gun, gun I am still having problems with it. I sent in the gun today to Glock for service to see if they can not find something wrong with this gun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OP here,
I received my new G19 Gen4 in the mail on Christmas Eve. I took it out and shot it twice now. I shot 100 rds of WWB through it the first range trip and about 200 or so rounds mixed of Monarch, Blazer, WWB, Winchester Nato, and A few of Hornady critical defense. This gun is amazing. It feeds Steel, Aluminum, and brass just like my other Glocks, Flawlessly. I am glad to finally get this gun back. It is completely a new gun. Glock couldnt fix the problem with my old one.

With my old gun I dod not think it had to do with the spring, or ammo. I think it was a lemon and had a design flaw or something was out of spec on it. Remember the photo of the barrel wear? After a few hundred rds with the old gun, the finish was badly worn. With a little over 300 rds through my new gun the barrel has minimal wear. Remember the photos of my targets with the old gun? Remember how it was fairly unaccurate? Well, my new gun is accurate just like my other glocks.

As far as glocks customer service, I am glad they stood behind their defective product and replaced it. I am still not sure why it took so long. When I called several times, I got different responses from different techs. One tech said it was taking so long because they had to make me a gun with the same serial number on it, another tech said no that's not the case, they were going to give me a new gun with a new serial number. A week later, when I called to check on it, they said they were sending out the new guns with 04 springs, and they had to wait for them to be made, so I would not receive my gun until they got in the new 04 springs. My gun came with an 03 spring. When Glock got my gun in at Georgia, they asked if Trijicon Night sights were ok, since my original one had Glock night sights. I said yes, but I guess they found a set of Glock night sights and they installed them for me. Besides just being a little slow, I am happy with their customer service.

My old SN# was PWP-***
My New SN# is PYY-***

So out of 300+rds I have had zero failure to feed, zero failure to fire, zero failure to eject. I have noticed this gun doesn't eject the casing as strongly as my G17 gen 3. The only problem I have had is 2 brass casing to hit me in the face. But that isnt anything compared to the problems I had before with the old gun.

Pics of new glock New Glock

right side
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/rhino4x4/New Glock G19/NewGlock.jpg

left side
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/rhino4x4/New Glock G19/NewGlock2.jpg

taken apart
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/rhino4x4/New Glock G19/NewGlock3.jpg

Targets

15 yds free hand rapid fire of 16 rds

7 yds free hand 16 rds

7 yds bench rest 5 rds (top hole is 2 rds)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.