Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Im Mike from Franklin, TN. I just purchased a Smith & Wesson SW40VE. Its an awesome gun so far but I am noticing a very obnoxious trigger pull. Is there any way to lighten the pull? any help is appreciated!

-Mike

·
Registered
24 Posts
The SW40VE is just about the best poly-auto bargain going. It's one weak point is the long, hard and gritty trigger pull. (Thanks to the Glock settlement)

I own the SW40VE and performed the well known trigger mod. It now performs better than many guns costing 2 to 3 times as much. The procedure is not that hard and you can find details on forums like the Smith & Wesson Forum, (http://smith-wessonforum.com) or even Google"Sigma trigger mod".

The end result of a good trigger job, without changing the striker spring, is as follows:

1) Trigger pull reduced from ~12 lbs to ~7-8 lbs
2) Gritty trigger becomes smooth as glass
3) Long trigger travel remains, but the break is much more predictable

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is no need to pay Bob's Custom Shop, Tactical Technologies or anyone to fix your Sigma. And you can forget about all of those "shade tree" fixes for the trigger issues. Some of the suggested methods can make your weapon unreliable and even dangerous. Send it to LSG Manufacturing (after calling them first!). They are the AUTHORIZED S&W warranty repair service and will fix it for FREE including shipping both ways.

The address is in your owner's manual.

Happy Shooting!
Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts