Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made up my mind and bought a M&P 9c a few weeks ago. Its my first polymer framed pistol, I had a Jericho 941fs that I sold to fund the new pistol. I wanted something that would be small enough to carry but still able to pull HD if needed.

After researching and renting many of the newer guns (Ruger, XD, Taurus, Glock) I went with the M&P because it seemed to fit my hand better and I seemed able to reaquire the sights faster and get more rounds on target faster. Plus should anything actually go wrong S&W customer service is great. Also talking to a gunsmith at one of the larger stores here in Dallas the smith told me that since they started selling M&P's a few years ago they have not had a single one returned for repair or replacement

About researching - Have you noticed that gun mags never say anything negative about a pistol when they review it. They might as well cut and paste reviews from one issue to the next, change the title and swap pics!

The M&P's I rented had triggers that were pretty good, these i'm sure had already had many many rounds down range. Mine out of the box had a fairly gritty trigger pull. I put about 300 rounds through it and it got somewhat better but not real smooth either. So not being one to wait around I installed a trigger kit from Apex Tactical and boy what a difference. Nice and smooth with a clean break.

Its plenty accurate, as long as I took my time and paid attention it put the rounds exactly were I wanted them. I have had some grip issues since I am used to a bigger grip but I am sure I'll get better with practice and get used to the smaller grip. Even firing faster I was able to keep all the rounds center of mass, not a pretty pattern but good enough for social work.

Enough yapping here is the rundown and some pics. Any questions feel free to ask and hopefully I can answer decently.

M&P 9c
- 9mm 12 rd capacity
- Crimson Trace laser grips
- Truglo TFO sights
- Apex Tactical DCAEK (trigger kit)
- Smith and Wesson Micro90 weapons light

·
Registered
585 Posts
Not being a fan of plastic pistols, all I will say is, "Enjoy!" With laser, light and bright sights, you very well ought to be able to hit your target! I use neither light nor laser as I am very careful not to leave a signature to my position. I do have Trijicon or Novak 3-dot sights on 90% of my weapons, though.

Those who shoot the M&P at the range seem quite satisfied with them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nice job! Wish I'd tried out an M&P before my Sig .40 S&W P239.
Recoil is stiff on arthritic hands! 9 mm is :) better, I believe.
Anyway, CONGRATS!
Recruit a new shooter.
/// olde :shock: pharte///

1 - 3 of 3 Posts