Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned the pistol for about a year now and have fired several boxes of shells thru it[Hornaday 200 gr FTX] without issue.
I have even killed a Buffalo [2 shots] at 171 yards.Nice weapon
That being said,I had a primer backfire and my pistol jammed up real bad.I finally got it dis-lodged but the mechanisim would not function.I took it apart and upon inspection,I feel as if I bent the cylinder rod inside.
Does anyone know where I can go online to order the part I need?I can't accsess S+W website
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: re: New Member/Big problem with my .460 SW XVR

Rev. said:
I did a search on Midway, see it this link helps you any...

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseP ... ring=10636
Neat site,I kept it to favorites for future use but I didn't see the part I needed.
The part in question is the piece that runs from the trigger to roll the cylinder.I have 2 pins attached to it that are bent.I did my best to straighten them out and the cyl actually works when the weapon is pointed down but does not work when pointed level or upward :evil:
Since I have bent these 2 pins back and forth so much,I am alittle weak on this part being any good anymore

·
Registered
5 Posts
You may be able to find the Cylinder Pawl, according to your description. I've not been in the guts of a 460 in the x-frame to know how they are attached.

You may try Brownells for the parts you need. www.brownells.com
They have a parts section that is pretty complete.

Todd

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would suggest taking it to a good pistolsmith. Sounds like it needs a good going over by and expert. Big Guns shooting full loads can be dangerous. They take a heavy toll on a weapon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts