Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchasred MKIII . Cleaned it, but did not disassemble it.
It will not feed shells into the barrel. They are not arched when mag. is installed. Rounds try to feed streight below barel and smash nose of shell. I use copper coated Remington. I have a MKII and it feeds without any problems and a Walther P22 with no problems. Whats up?

Thanks,
Bob M.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Exile;
Welcome to the forum.
you may have a magazine problem so if you or a friend or the store you bought the gun from has another, try it first and while you are waiting to find another magazine, try some different ammo such as the CCI Stingers or Velocitors.
I have had nothing but problems with Remington ammo to the extent I will not stock or sell it any more. Its' failure rate is too high in too many different guns.

Try these two things and I think you will find your problem, then get back to us to let us know how this turns out.
I have heard of other problems with the Mark111 pistols.

UncleFudd

·
Registered
175 Posts
exile;

The ammo was just a simple try but again for that particular gun, they have heretofore really liked the CCI brand the best. I'm talking about all the MK11 and 111s that I see on the range every day.

I really think this is either a magazine problem which is the easiest to fix or your bolt face, extractor etc may need just a little polishing. Some of them have been a little too tight from the factory and it is either send them back or have my gunsmith polish the face and the extractor just a mite and then they seem to work flawlessly with the right ammo.

Don't misunderstand, even if it turns out to be mechanical as i just
described, you will still have to change ammo and as I said the CCI has seemed to work better than any others.

Good luck and please let us know the final solution.

UF

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've shot Winchester SuperX X22LRH without any issues in my .22/45 Mark III. I also shoot Remington Golden Bullet with one dud that did not fire and 2 or 3 that ejected too slow and bound up.

I would try another known good magazine to see if that changes anything.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Milly
I think you just pointed out what most of the people who have problems with ammo are trying to avoid and that is the duds and the FTF or eject.

This is exactly what i have seen lately with the Remington ammo regardless of the type or model of gun is at least one to three duds in every box. For any number of reasons this is unacceptable to most gun owners as it should be IMHO. Especially with the cost of ammo today. I want every round to feed, go bang and eject and the Remmies as you pointed out will not do that.
I agree with you for the most part the Winchester ammo seems to good still and especially if you have or can find the "Wildcat" ammo.

I believe every 22 handgun is particular to a specific ammunition. Basically there are some that the guns like and some they just will not function with reliably. It is important for everyone who buys a new or used 22 to find out which ammo their gun does not like and find the ones it does and then stick with it.

For the most part at my range all of the 22 handguns work very well with the CCI so we have stocked it and use it exclusively in the rental guns.
There are other very good ammo out there and I stock some of the others but knowing how well the CCI works with all of the guns I don't spend time and money trying more of them.

Good luck and stay safe, Always.

UF

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: re: New MKIII Bull Barrel feed problems New member

You're absolutely right. I got more squibs out of a can of "Thunderbolts" in a Marlin 60 than I care to talk about.
UncleFudd said:
Milly
I think you just pointed out what most of the people who have problems with ammo are trying to avoid and that is the duds and the FTF or eject.

This is exactly what i have seen lately with the Remington ammo regardless of the type or model of gun is at least one to three duds in every box. For any number of reasons this is unacceptable to most gun owners as it should be IMHO. Especially with the cost of ammo today. I want every round to feed, go bang and eject and the Remmies as you pointed out will not do that.
I agree with you for the most part the Winchester ammo seems to good still and especially if you have or can find the "Wildcat" ammo.

I believe every 22 handgun is particular to a specific ammunition. Basically there are some that the guns like and some they just will not function with reliably. It is important for everyone who buys a new or used 22 to find out which ammo their gun does not like and find the ones it does and then stick with it.

For the most part at my range all of the 22 handguns work very well with the CCI so we have stocked it and use it exclusively in the rental guns.
There are other very good ammo out there and I stock some of the others but knowing how well the CCI works with all of the guns I don't spend time and money trying more of them.

Good luck and stay safe, Always.

UF

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exille,

I have a MarkIII 22/45 and run into the same issue. Before you insert the magazine, "flip" the top round in the magazine up a little so it's pointed at a 45-degree angle. If the round is pointed down too much it will not feed into the barrel correctly and exactly as you say, it will smash the lead nose of the bullet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.