Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to buy a pistol. I know about gun handling but of course can always learn more. I've shot a S&W 39-2, Ruger 9mm, and a couple .40s. I have a small-medium sized hand so I'd like to find an sa/da autoloader with a small grip or interchangeable grip. I'd like to purchase one with a accessory rail, hammer, and large capacity magazine also. I'm just looking for any suggestions on a good first pistol with these elements. Thanks guys.
Ryan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate your input Asylum. Any other suggestion guys. I've been researching a lot on the Beretta Px4 .40 cal. I've held it at the local gun shop and it feels good in my hand. Just wondering if anybody had anything else to add. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
My G22 (Glock) has an accessory rail, but no hammer. It will however hold 15 (+1) rounds. I highly recommend it. It's easy to break down and clean, shoots accurately, and won't break your wrists.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As a general comment, Bersas are pretty decent, good quality values. They may not always be the most refined but they seem to perform very well with few problems. Several of the guys at the local Gun Shop (who could carry anything) carry Bersa as their side arm. I have the Bersa 380 Thunder and am very happy with it the its smaller than you want

Rugers are also well built, generally affordable guns. Again, they're not always the most refined but they usually break in nice and are damn near indestructable. The P series (I have a P89, 9mm) are good examples but it's a bit large for small hands.

Actually, any gun that holds a high capacity magazine is probably going to have a fairly large grip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so I went up to my local gun shop and held the Glock 22, M&P, XD, and Px4. I shot the Ruger P95 today and it shoots good. So far the one I like the best is the Px4. Its grip not too big and feels good and it can carry up to 17+1 shells. I think its the one I'll end up going with. Thanks guys.
Ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts