Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pic of my new rifle...and my girlfriend(who is not new). She prefers to remain anonymous. For a reference on how big the gun is my girlfriend is 5'10".
To bad the nearest place to shoot it is 2 hours away.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Is that a Barrett .50? I've seen them shoot at our range. Don't let anybody stand out to the side when you're firing and make sure everybody's wearing ear protection. These thing'll melt the wax right out of your ears!

Have fun with both...

HWD

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, its a Barrett M82A1. I haven't fired a .50 BMG since I was in the Marines so i am pretty excited :D . The percussion is noticeable...you certainly have to keep folks from standing to close to the side.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am SO jealous! (Of the gun) :D

I was just looking at those on GunsAmerica.com. That's like $6K! My wife would kill me with her sandal if I spent that on a gun!

What do .50 rounds cost anyway? Whatever it is, they're worth it! :D

Have fun!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It really depends on how many rounds you buy; most sellers offer some type of scalability. I purchased the Barret M33 ball and they cost about 4.25 per round before tax. I've seen some tracer, AP, and API rounds for sale for a little more but I doubt I will buy those. If you want match type rounds they can get up to around $10 per round.
TexasRich, I knew I would I would be hard pressed to get the rifle once i am married so i decided to suck it up and buy it now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Padrino, it appears your rifle will out shoot the scope (by far) that was mounted on it when that picture was taken. Have you put something more appropriate on it by now?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TMats said:
Padrino, it appears your rifle will out shoot the scope (by far) that was mounted on it when that picture was taken. Have you put something more appropriate on it by now?
Actually its more powerful than what the USMC uses on their Barretts and the same model the USA issues. What are your suggestions?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Save your brass and get a single-stage press like a Rock Chucker (make sure it's deep enough to handle a .50 BMG). Then pick up a set of dies, a jug of powder (about 4 lb), and some bullets.

You'll hit break-even at about 100 rounds, and from then on, you'll save a bunch. (Not really.... you'll spend the same but shoot more.)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I certainly intened to buy a reloader when once i have accumulated enough brass. From my conversations with other 50 cal shooters and from reading on FCSA the rock chucker is the way to go.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Guess what I thought I was seeing, isn't what I was seeing. Sounds like you've got the right scope after all. Sorry about the confusion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts