Pistol World Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife recently obtained her CCW and yesterday we came home from the gun shop with a nice new Mod 332. She wanted something light, small, and yet, with manageable recoil. She will carry mostly when she is jogging. (She does alot of running on the dirt country roads). She may also do some purse carry. Otherwise it will be in the middle compartment of her Denali.

Throughout our gun-research, I kept coming across the .32 H&R Mag. It seemed to be ideal. Low recoil. Near .38 Ballistics. The ability to shoot S&W Longs for target/ plinking. 6 rnds in the cylinder instead of 5. And all in a simple, hammerless, point and shoot package. And yet, it worried me that S&W stopped offering the gun and also that ammo manufacturers might not support the cartridge in the future.

When we got to the gun shop, we looked at everything from the small autos (Seecamps, Keltecs, Kahrs) to the .38 snubbies. When I mentioned the .32 Mag, the shop owner pulled his 332 out of his pocket. He said it best, "I could carry any kind of gun that I wanted, this is what I carry". Pretty compelling endorsement.

Luckily they still had one of the discontinued 332's in the case. We bought it, along with a DeSantis fanny pack and a couple of HKS speedloaders. They stock plenty of .32 ammo and we bought some Federal .85 grain hollow points for carry and some .32 Longs for target. Still, I may put in a bulk order just to have a closet full of the stuff.

We plan on doing some range work this weekend and will update my post with my thoughts on the snubbies performance.

Now she wants Crimson Trace laser grips and a Galco "CCW purse". I think I've created a monster.

Anyway, we will keep you posted. And yes Paul, I will get some photos up of her in her running attire with her 332 drawn. :wink:

·
Registered
944 Posts
I am convinced the .32 magnum will never die. Every time I take anyone to the range I let them try my Ruger SP101 in .32 mag. I have yet to find anyone who doesn't either love it or get one of their own.

If you ever decide to sell the 332 give me a shout. :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts